Flood Defence pumping main being welded befre being dropped into trench.
After a machine move we got asked to look at a webster bennett control panel and main motor, the motor had been making a horrible noise and not running poroperly. After an hour it was diagnosed that the A1 and A2 had been reversed on the wires going to the motor and this had caused one of the motor hrc fuses to blow. Three new fuses and correctly wired and the unit ran fine. The control panel was integral to the machine and built by Square D in 1964.
This motor is an 11kW and has been running at around 12.35kW for quite a few years now, the motor is suffering from overheating and the terminal box wiring clearly shows signs of this. the extra kW are costing in the region of £800 a year in excess electricity. The motor wiring will not last much longer.
Well a little out of the norm, but this week saw us installing and commissioning an EVPT Trainer with an Aerosim engineer for one of the major airlines.
Finished on the friday in time to have a little play with the Airbus taking off and doing loops !
Had the job of removing an old Siemens S5 control panel for a plastics extruder and replacing with a new modern Allen Bradley PLC and Panelview Plus HMI Screen. New modern SSD DC 690+ drives on Devicenet and Siemens Solid State Switches for the heaters. New panel was tight as the customer wanted extras so we did a back to back job between the steel work !
Had a weeks work in Denmark removing a Robot Spray System with all associated controls. Robot was a Kuboto Steel (taken over by Mitsubishi), area was a hazardous one with EXd motors and Intrinsic safety circuits. Robot cell had Sick Safety Lasers for entry exit on the conveyor system. Unit was shipped back to the UK and installed here with some new modifications.